Flink Forward Berlin 2018 Preview
The fourth annual Flink Forward Berlin conference is happening in just a few weeks! Hundreds of enterprise developers, open source community members, and Apache Flink users, as well as, many committers will gather for hands-on training, technical and use case sessions, and networking opportunities on September 3-5 at the Kulturbrauerei.
In case you haven’t signed up for the conference and training yet, register here.
This year’s exciting program features sessions from global companies like Airbnb, ING, Lyft, Microsoft, Netflix, Uber, as well as a new Research track with speakers from top technical universities who will talk about their research projects on Apache Flink.
- Brian Wolfe from Airbnb will introduce how their team built a data pipeline for distributed tracing to analyze performance and error cases in service oriented architectures.
- Olga Slenders and Gijsbert van Vliet from ING will explain how they leverage Apache Flink’s stateful operators.
- Avihai Berkovitz and Yonatan Most from Microsoft will present why their team chose Flink as their stream processing framework for anomaly detection and how they run it in Azure.
- Steven Wu will share how Netflix runs Flink for critical data processing applications.
- Amey Chaugule and Rafael Garcia will discuss important aspects of managing stateful streaming pipelines at Uber.
- Jonas Traub from TU Berlin and Philipp Grulich from German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence will present efficient algorithms for common streaming operations such as window aggregations and joins.
- Paris Carbone will share his research at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm on iterative stream processing taking advantage of Apache Flink’s watermarks.