Flink Forward Berlin Preview: Operations and Managing Apache Flink Applications
Only two weeks left until the third edition of Flink Forward Berlin takes place at Kulturbrauerei Berlin. Flink Forward is the place to meet with the Apache Flink community and leading experts to share knowledge, receive hands-on trainings and generate valuable contacts.
Don’t miss out and register today for Flink Forward.
Here are sessions which focus on operations and managing Apache Flink applications.
• Robert Metzger, Engineering Lead at data Artisans, will provide some insights into the greatest operations mysteries of Flink from a high-level perspective.
• Gyula Fora of King (a longtime Flink user) will talk through lessons learned during 1.5 years of running production Flink streaming jobs that consume over 40 billion events every day and maintain over 10 TBs of user state.
• Boris Lublinsky and Stavros Kontopoulos of Lightbend will cover approaches to using Flink for model serving. They present a framework and actual code for serving and updating models in real time.
• Join the introduction and overview of shared schema registries presented by Suneel Marthi, Senior Principal Engineer at Red Hat, and Joey Frazee, Product Solutions Architect at Hortonworks.
• Apache Flink doesn’t provide a python interface for Flink streaming APIs. Zohar Mizrahi, Senior Software Architect at Parallel Machines, will describe the limitations with the batch implementation and provide insights into how Parallel Machines solved this using Jython.
• Time-based aggregations are a common use case in stream-processing. Frank Lauterwald, Principal Big Data Architect at Noris Network AG, tries to identify a couple of dos and don’ts to help you avoid common pitfalls and get your jobs up and running quickly.