Flink Forward San Francisco Preview (part 1 of 6): Apache Flink Use Cases and Applications
Hello stream processing squirrels! We’re happy to announce that the program committee for Flink Forward San Francisco has finalized this year’s sessions. The second edition of Flink Forward SF is packed with compelling Apache Flink use cases, in-depth technical talks on Flink’s ecosystem, and the internals of stream processing technologies. In case you haven’t registered for the conference or for training, you can register here.
We’ve highlighted some of the applications and use cases sessions in this post:
- Faraz Babar, VP of Architecture at American Express will demonstrate how to reconcile and balance transactions across micro-service boundaries using Apache Flink and Apache Kafka.
- Xu Yang, Principal Engineer at Alibaba Group will share their experiences on developing algorithms on Apache Flink to ease the data analysis process for business decisions.
- Enrico Canzonieri, Tech Lead at Yelp will share how Yelp tackles the data pipeline challenges using Apache Flink. He will also introduce some of the best practices they learned while integrating Apache Flink into an existing multi-regional Kafka based streaming ecosystem at scale.
- Garrett Li, Senior Software Engineer, and Ralph Su, Software Engineer at eBay will introduce how eBay built a metadata-driven processing engine on top of Flink to provide self-service alert definition.
- Aris Koliopoulos, Scala Team Lead, and Alex Garella, Software Engineer at Drivetribe will discuss how to use event streams as source of truth for applications with Flink to successfully design distributed and highly scalable applications and data platforms.
- Andrew Gao, Software Engineer, and Jeff Scharpe, Senior Software Engineer at Capital One will share their journey to bring fraud decisioning at Capital One using Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, and AWS Lambda.
- Dave Torok, Senior Principal Enterprise Architect, and Sameer Wadkar, Senior Principal Machine Learning Architect at Comcast Corporation will share best practices for embedding Flink throughout an operationalized streaming machine learning lifecycle at Comcast Corporation.
Stay tuned for posts about keynotes and tracks in the coming weeks. Make sure to follow @dataArtisans on Twitter for all Flink Forward San Francisco 2018 updates.