Content Marketing Manager
Location: Berlin, Germany
Apache Flink is one of the most active and fastest-growing open-source projects in the Apache Software Foundation and is used in production by enterprises including Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more.
data Artisans was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s toughest challenges in big data and data streaming.
data Artisans is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to drive adoption of dA Platform 2 and future stream processing products. This is a cross-functional role, and you’ll work closely with sales, product management, engineering, and design on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be in charge of positioning our products, analyzing the market and competitive landscape, and creating our core messaging and collateral.
This is also an external-facing role. You’ll speak directly with customers to develop positioning, and you’ll have the opportunity represent data Artisans at conferences and other events around the world.
We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years of content marketing / product marketing or product management experience in a SaaS or enterprise software company. Our marketing team is small but growing quickly, and you should expect to have a significant amount of influence within the team and company from the very start.
What you’ll do all day:
- Develop messaging and positioning for dA Platform products, working closely with product management and engineering to translate product capabilities into features and benefits for customers.
- Perform market research to evaluate potential requirements and shape future product direction, including pricing and packaging strategy.
- Build compelling, customer-focused product content that gets our potential customers excited and drives adoption of the product
- Create and deliver customer-facing presentations, including in-person speaking engagements and live webinars and online talks.
- Engage with industry analysts to educate them on data Artisans products and research market trends to drive product direction.
- Work closely with the content and public relations teams to develop content strategies to generate media interest in data Artisans products.
- Train internal teams from data Artisans on product and solutions capabilities and positioning in the market versus competitors
- 3+ years’ experience in a SaaS or enterprise software product marketing / content marketing or product management role
- Nuanced understanding of big data and stream processing technologies; bonus points for experience working with open source communities
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer-facing messaging and collateral and to creatively position products within crowded markets
- Experience managing multiple product lines or offerings simultaneously
- Experience working with customers and partners to collect product feedback and plan joint marketing initiatives
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Tech gear of your choice
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Spacious office space in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office