Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
data Artisans was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s biggest challenges in big data and data streaming.
data Artisans is currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. You’ll be part of a new team building and maintaining infrastructure to support customers using our products and Apache Flink in a managed cloud service.
The role will sit at the forefront of one of the most significant paradigm shifts in information processing and real-time architectures in recent history – stream processing – which sets the foundation to transform companies and industries for the on-demand services era.
You will work with our existing engineering teams, who develop Apache Flink with the open source community and our enterprise product dA Platform 2, to build the best possible stream processing architecture and platform and bring it into the world of cloud computing.
And when you’re not working, there are plenty of opportunities at data Artisans to learn more about Flink, contribute to the products and open source projects, and help evangelizing Apache Flink to users around the world.
What you’ll do all day:
- Use your experience to help bring Apache Flink and our product (dA Platform 2) into a managed cloud service
- Have responsibility for the performance and availability of the service, participating in incident response when necessary
- Contribute to all stages of development of the service, from security and network operations to automation and monitoring
- Become an Apache Flink and stream processing expert
You will love this job if you …
- … have experience with streaming data or big data processing systems in production environments (e.g. Flink, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark)
- … have mastery of Linux or Unix system administration
- … have experience with public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- … are familiar with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- … are experienced with modern systems programming and scripting languages (Java, Go, Python, Bash)
- … have strong English skills
- … have experience with automation and CI/CD systems (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- … are experienced with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- … have knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, network design, and distributed systems
- … are enthusiastic to dive deep to troubleshoot problems at any layer of the stack
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Tech gear of your choice
- Free public transportation
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Spacious office space in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Hackathons and weekly technical Lunch Talks to keep your head full of inspirations and ideas!