Head of Engineering
Stream processing technology is redefining what’s possible for data-driven applications and services. Leading the way, data Artisans is empowering organisation with these new possibilities.
data Artisans was founded in 2014 by the creators of the open-source Apache Flink project. The cutting-edge technology of the project became widely adopted and powers some of the largest and most demanding real time data processing in tech, at companies like Alibaba, Netflix, Uber, as well as in more traditional companies in banking and telecoms.
Based on our experience with Apache Flink, we set out to develop the next-generation technology for real-time data applications. The dA Platform is an enterprise software platform for real time data processing applications on premise and in the cloud. In addition to the development of the dA Platform, our engineering teams continue to collaborate with hundreds open-source developers, building on the outstanding technology of Apache Flink. The impact of our work can be seen daily through our open source users and enterprise customers. We’re looking for our first Head of Engineering
Our team has been growing organically. As the Head of Engineering, you will begin shape our engineering organisation and define its culture. In the role, you will grow and manage the teams so that we can continue to build great software (open- and closed-source), keeping the organisation productive and happy along the way. You will engender and cultivate a diverse, open environment. You will help define an engineering culture where individuals are able meet their potential. You will complement our team of outstanding developers and architects with the expertise to manage and grow an engineering organisation.
Our product managers and the architects focus on defining and designing world-class products, systems, and features. We will look to you to make sure our processes and engineering teams are set up for success. You’re ready to take on the challenges of an organisation that simultaneously builds open-source software (engaging with our open source community) as well as develops enterprise software (including later-level enterprise support). You’re ready to help our organisation adapt to growth and to support the development of each individual. You’ll be responsible for hiring engineers as the company grows, complementing the existing teams with talented, delightful people.
- You care about people and engineering culture.
- You can build and manage high-performing teams.
- You understand team building and the importance of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- You understand software engineering processes and how to make sure teams are motivated and productive.
- You are technical enough to understand the organizational challenges and needs when building distributed systems, data intensive systems, and enterprise software.
- You can support people to continuously learn and unlock their potential as engineers.
- You know how to attract outstanding new people into our organisation.
- Competitive salary
- Great career opportunities in a world-class team with peers from top-companies, universities and research institutes.
- Tech gear of your choice
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Hackathons and weekly technical Lunch Talks to keep your head full of inspirations and ideas!
- Subsidized Gym membership (Urban Sports Club)
- Subsidized German classes in the office
- Free Lunch 3 times a week in the office
- Free public transportation ticket