Head of Marketing
Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
data Artisans is looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to drive adoption of dA Platform 2 and future stream processing products. This is a cross-functional role, and you’ll work closely with sales, product management, engineering, and design on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be in charge of positioning our products, analyzing the market and competitive landscape, and creating our core messaging and collateral.
This is also an external-facing role. You’ll speak directly with customers to develop positioning, and you’ll have the opportunity represent data Artisans at conferences and other events around the world.
We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years of Head of Marketing or Senior Team Lead experience in a SaaS or enterprise software company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Lead and develop our Marketing team
- Create Global GoToMarket plans and strategies
- Align, develop and execute all marketing activities
- Create and execute a PR strategy
- Select strategies partners and agencies
- Prepare internal marketing reports and updates, conduct analysis of all marketing efforts
- Develop programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results.
- Implement and manage marketing budget.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, strategic planning and revenue retention and growth.
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates.
- Develop the Open Source Community
You’ll love this job if you…
- … have 3+ years as Head of Marketing / Senior Team lead
- … have experience in a SaaS or enterprise software role
- … have understanding of big data and stream processing technologies; bonus points for experience working with open source communities
- … have experience working with customers and partners to collect product feedback and plan joint marketing initiatives
- … are fluent in English, German and other languages are a benefit
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Tech gear of your choice
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast, snacks, and drinks