Sales Engineer – Europe
Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
data Artisans was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s biggest challenges in big data and data streaming.
data Artisans is currently building a new team of Sales Engineers in Europe and the US. You’ll be part of a new and fast-growing team. Using your market knowledge, you will build proposals to compelling new and existing clients. You will actively drive and manage the sales process and act as the key technical adviser and product advocate.
Some of the engagements will be carried out remotely via phone and screen share, but the position also includes traveling within Europe.
And when you’re not working with our clients, there are plenty of opportunities at data Artisans to learn more about Flink, contribute to the products and open source projects, and help evangelizing Apache Flink to users around the world.
What you’ll do all day:
- Meet with potential clients, understand their requirements, and help guide them towards best-of-breed architectures
- Create and prove detailed designs and technical guidance to partners / clients
- Represent our products to customers and at field events (conferences, summits, etc.)
- Become an Apache Flink and stream processing expert
You will love this job if you …
- … have 3+ years as a successful Sales Engineer
- … have strong analytical skills, enabling you to analyze customer requirements and present the best solution
- … are experienced in building and operating solutions using distributed data processing systems on large scale production environments (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, Spark)
- … are familiar with Java and/or Scala
- … are able to engage and articulate product to both business and technical users
- … love to spend the whole day talking about Big Data technologies
- … you are fluent in English and like talking to clients
- … like traveling around the Europe and visiting new places
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Tech gear of your choice
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it