Software Engineer (Java)
Location: Berlin, Germany
data Artisans is building the next-generation platform for programming data-intensive applications. We are tackling some of the biggest technical challenges in big data and data streaming today. We love open sourcing our code and working together with the open source community that has formed around Apache Flink, one of the biggest projects of the Apache Software Foundation in its category. data Artisans was founded in late 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project.
We are looking for passionate software developers that enjoy solving challenging problems and are excited about open source, helping us build world-class data streaming technology.
As a software engineer at data Artisans, you will take a dual role: being involved in both the open source Apache Flink project, as well as data Artisans’ products. You should be comfortable with taking responsibility for designs and features, and be able to work both self-supervised and in cross-functional teams. As a citizen of the Flink open source community, you will be in direct touch with Flink users and participate in the day-to-day open source work. We also encourage engineers to talk publicly about their work at conferences, meetups, and via blog posts.
- Good knowledge of Java (Scala is a plus)
- An aptitude for simple, robust, and elegant designs, including how to design appealing APIs and libraries
- Experience in working collaboratively on large code bases is a plus
What we offer:
By joining data Artisans, you have the opportunity to work with an excellent and tightly-knit engineering team, and have substantial impact on shaping our products and organization. We are an engineering-driven organization, and we invest highly on every individual in our team by giving freedom and decision-making power. Benefits for working at data Artisans include:
- Opportunity to work in open source and interact with open developer communities
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Spacious office space in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin
- Pick your own tech gear
- Free transportation, free snacks, coffee, and drinks
- Flexible working hours and vacation