Technical Support Engineer
Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
data Artisans was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s biggest challenges in big data and data streaming
data Artisans is currently building a new team of Technical Support Engineers in Europe. You’ll be part of a new and fast-growing team helping customers having a great experience using our products and Apache Flink.
The role will sit at the forefront of one of the most significant paradigm shifts in information processing and real-time architectures in recent history – stream processing – which sets the foundation to transform companies and industries for the on-demand services era.
You will work with engineering teams of our customers to build the best possible stream processing architecture for their use cases. This includes troubleshooting, giving guidance on how they use their Flink applications, and helping them take their first steps with our products.
And when you’re not working with our customers, there are plenty of opportunities at data Artisans to learn more about Flink, contribute to the products and open source projects, and help evangelizing Apache Flink to users around the world.
What you’ll do all day:
- Use your experience to solve data engineering and stream processing problems for our customers and contribute fixes back to our products and/or open source community
- Debug issues in the customer use cases and ensure that they are addressed quickly and effectively
- Study and understand critical system components and large cluster operations
- Participate in occasional on-calls for critical support needs in the future
- Provide technical support via phone, web cases and our community
- Help us build an efficient process development
- Become an Apache Flink and stream processing expert
You will love this job if you …
- … are experienced in operating large clusters (e.g. Hadoop)
- … understand architecture of data processing systems on large scale production environments (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, Spark) – or at least that’s what you would like to learn
- … have some experience in customer support roles
- … logical thinking is your asset and you have strong troubleshooting skills
- … are good in understanding Java and/or Scala code
- … love to spend the whole day talking about Big Data technologies
- … have great English skills and like talking to customers
- … have at least Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, mathematics, engineering or similar field
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Tech gear of your choice
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Spacious office space in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Great team of gifted and extraordinary software engineers
- Hackathons and weekly technical Lunch Talks to keep your head full of inspirations and ideas!