Test Automation Engineer
Location: Berlin, Germany
data Artisans is building the next-generation platform for programming data-intensive applications. We are tackling some of the biggest technical challenges in big data and data streaming today. We love open sourcing our code and working together with the open source community that has formed around Apache Flink, one of the biggest projects of the Apache Software Foundation in its category. data Artisans was founded in late 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project.
As an automation engineer at data Artisans you will be responsible for managing our internal testing infrastructure. Tthis task includes oversight over the cluster, upgrading and changing software components as well as maintaining automated testing tasks.
You will work with the rest of the team to report and fix issues you’ve found with the tests. You will also work on all the tools required to test, deploy and release Apache Flink and our products (this involves the Maven configuration files of Flink, the scripts to deploy the current documentation and nightly builds as well as the scripts for creating releases). You will also be involved in helping our users and customers in debugging issues or answering their questions.
- Strong Linux / Bash scripting / automation mindset and experience
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language like Bash or Python
- Good understanding (at least reading) of Java code
- Experience with the JVM ecosystem: Maven build files, classpath issues, monitoring JVMs, configuring garbage collectors
- Experience with cloud offerings such as AWS EMR, EC2, S3 or Google Compute
- Good communication skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Tech gear of your choice
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Spacious office space in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Hackathons and weekly technical Lunch Talks to keep your head full of inspirations and ideas!