A hands-on, in-depth introduction to stream processing and Apache Flink, this course emphasizes those features of Flink that make it easy to build and manage accurate, fault tolerant applications on streams.
This one-day course is often combined with the Advanced Training Course for a complete two-day introduction to Apache Flink.
You’ll need your own laptop, and you’ll be writing some one-page Java or Scala applications using the IntelliJ IDE. No prior knowledge of Apache Flink is required.
- Stateful stream processing
- Time and watermarks
- Event-driven applications
- The connector ecosystem
- Fault tolerance and exactly-once guarantees
- How to develop and execute Flink applications
- When local state is needed, and how to use and manage it
- How to work with both event time and processing time
- How to use Flink’s flexible windowing abstractions
- How to build accurate, robust, event-driven applications with Flink
- How to use savepoints to manage deployments and upgrades